Belman Klein Associates is pleased to announce our new working partnership with Human API moving us to a direct electronic record retrieval process. With the implementation of this system, we are now able to take a traditionally 2 to 6 week timeline for receiving medical records, and truncating it to a matter of minutes for the majority of cases. This process is fully tested, operational, and available for use by you and your clients.
During challenging business and personal times such as we are currently experiencing, we are pleased to be able to make life a little easier by significantly expediting a process that has been frustrating to both you and prospective insurance buyers. The voluntary Human API platform allows insurance applicants to connect and share medical data from over 90 percent of US healthcare providers (health systems, hospitals, clinics and physician offices). With instant access to medical information it is our goal to deliver an experience that meets modern consumer expectations.
Most importantly, control over the process and underlying personal health information remains with the client. Here is how it works:
- The client will log into the Human API system http://mydigitalrecords.com/BKA
- They then locate their doctor and/ or health system
- They click a button to share their Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Once the records are properly shared our office will receive notification and proceed to download the necessary files for distribution to the carrier
- More detail surrounding the overall client experience can be found here https://www.humanapi.co/user-experience
Using Human API’s secure online system can drastically reduce underwriting times. We will be able to make the client more of an active participant in the process thereby incentivizing them for a speedy and hopeful positive outcome.
We welcome your questions and the opportunity to give you a more detailed explanation of the Electronic Medical Record process and other systems that you and your clients can utilize for an expedited and pleasant insurance buying experience. This is the first in what will be a continuing series of communications from our Case Management department.
Belman Klein Associates
Director of New Business