We hope this message finds you and your families well. During this unprecedented time, we are reaching out to let you know our office is operating with complete functionality. We can be reached via phone at our usual phone numbers and extensions and by email. Please expect to hear from us more frequently then in the past as we work to bring you updates from our carriers and vendors as they happen.
With that said we want to take this time to review some of the helpful capabilities that our office is maintaining:
- Belman Klein Associates computer systems are secure, cloud based, and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines.
- Concierge Services – having full access to our system allows us to continue services that may be helpful including completing applications on your behalf. We are recommending that all applications be submitted using our iGo system found on www.belmanklein.com Our staff is available to walk you through the necessary steps and a tutorial for using the system can be found here.
- Accelerated Underwriting (AU) – currently
it is understandable that your clients may not want examiners coming into their
homes. Many of our carriers offer
underwriting programs that allow qualifying clients to avoid exams or having to
submit medical records. Typical AU cases
run 5-15 days in total. A basic overview
is as follows:
- Available on ages 18-60
- Life Insurance Limits Up to: $1M in coverage
- Term & Permanent Products available in LTC riders with specific carriers
- Standard to Preferred Best Rates
- Disability Income Benefits up to $6k/ Mo on Ages 18-50
- Hybrid LTC Products – As a reminder these products do not require an exam but rather just a telephone interview. Recent improvements by Lincoln, Nationwide, and One America now allow us to complete the application process online greatly reducing processing time.
- Policy Delivery – For those advisors with
cases currently pending we are recommending all policies be delivered
electronically. Policy delivery options will be as follows:
- Encrypted email sent to you with a PDF of the policy and delivery requirements attached. You can then forward copies of all paperwork to your client for signatures. We will NOT need original copies. We can use scanned, faxed, or e-mailed copies of the delivery requirements.
- E-delivery direct from the carrier where available. This is an online process where the advisor, insured, and owner are notified via e-mail to review and sign policy documents online using DocuSign.
- Paper hard copies of policies as normal. This will take the longest as most carriers are working remote and are limited to home office access to mail policies out at this time.
- We will include all the carrier options for premium payments when policies are sent out. These options may include paper checks mailed to our office, online payments, credit card payments, EFT bank drafts, and wire transfers.
As previously mentioned, our staff is ready, willing, and able to assist you and your offices. Please contact us with any questions or concerns at your convenience. We will surely do our best to provide as many solutions as possible.
With our Kindest Regards,
Scott A. Zilber
Sr. Vice President
Belman Klein Associates, Ltd.